Thursday, July 29, 2010

"I've got a perfect body, though sometimes I forget. I've got a perfect body, 'cause my eyelashes catch my sweat." ~ Regina Spektor

To quote another lovely female songstress, Fiona Apple, your body is an "extraordinary machine." As a woman, it doesn't matter if you have cellulite, stretch marks, or varicose veins. What is important is that your body is a vessel with which you can create many things....art, music, poetry, and for many, life, if you choose to create it. You should think of your body as a remarkable gift; a vehicle for your talents, or your spirit's outlet. Energy flows through you, and it is up to you to channel it and release it in ways that make your world more beautiful.

I don't necessarily identify myself as a Christian, but I like this quote from the book of Thomas: Jesus said, "If you bring forth what is within you, what you have will save you. If you do not have that within you, what you do not have within you [will] kill you." I don't want to hide anything about myself, whether it's my cellulite, my political beliefs, or my musical tastes. Feeling as though you have something to hide breeds resentment inside of you, and the people around you can feel it. If you accept yourself, others will have no choice but to follow suit....and if they don't, it won't matter anymore. Only you have the power to be your perfect self.

And your eyelashes catch your sweat. Yes, they do, they do-oo-oo-oo-oo.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment